For general information about the Yocto Project please refer to the official Website. "Yocto is not an embedded Linux distribution – it creates a custom one for you." This says that if you are using Yocto to build your system image you are the distributor. If you're not aware of what this means for you please contact us.
Requirements hardware and software
- Linux-based (Debian/Ubuntu is recommended) host system to use for building Linux/Yocto
- min 4GB RAM / > 8GB RAM are recommended
- disk space (depending on image to build about 80 GB)
- a microSD card-reader to write the generated image to the microSD card
Supported Stable Branch
With our OpenEmbedded / Yocto BSP Layer for DHCOM i.MX6 we support the following branches:
|Thud (i.MX6ULL only)||2.6|
Our BSP layer is based on the Freescale Community BSP.
More information about Yocto stable branch maintenance at https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/
Setup Yocto Build System & Build Image
|Thud (i.MX6ULL only)|
- The content of this tutorial heavily borrowed from i.MX6 Wandboard Wiki 'Getting started with Yocto on Wandboard'
- Have a look at 'Building Qt5 using yocto on Wandboard' to get information for adding Qt5
- Documentation of the latest Yocto Project Releases
- More additional information on Freescale Yocto Project Main-Page