Demonstrate DFU usage for DHCOR recovery
This patch configures U-Boot SPL for DHCOR SoM to permit DFU upload of SPL and subsequent u-boot.itb for recovery or commissioning purposes. It is not possible to use this SPL build for production due to its large size.
Compile U-Boot for the DHCOR Avenger96 target: $ make stm32mp15_dhcor_basic_defconfig $ make -j`nproc`
- Install dfu-util on the host PC (in debian this is package 'dfu-util')
- Power off the Avenger96 board.
- Connect both USB-serial console and USB-OTG microB ports to host PC.
- Switch Avenger96 to USB boot mode -- BOOT0..2 switches all set to 0.
- Power on the Avenger96 board.
- Verify using '$ dmesg' that a new device has been detected as follows:
New USB device found, idVendor=0483, idProduct=df11, bcdDevice= 2.00 New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 Product: DFU in HS Mode @Device ID /0x500, @Revision ID /0x0000 Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
- Upload U-Boot SPL:
$ dfu-util -a 1 -D u-boot-spl.stm32
- Upload U-Boot proper:
$ dfu-util -a 0 -D u-boot.itb
At this point, SPL will wait for user to press "Ctrl-C" on serial console. When ready to interact with U-Boot, press Ctrl-C to start the bootloader.
Note that this is adapted from ST article, with removed requirement for custom DFU implementation and additional bootloader components, which are not required on this platform: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_load_U-Boot_with_dfu-util
Signed-off-by: Marek Vasut's avatarMarek Vasut <firstname.lastname@example.org>